Prepare Your Taxes for Free – Extended!
Extended by Popular Demand!
The library is hosting the LA CA$H Coalition as they offer free tax preparation help to qualified individuals. If your income is less than $57,000, their IRS trained volunteers can help you prepare your return.
What Do I Need to Bring?
- Social security numbers and dates of birth for everyone on the tax return.
- W-2’s, 1099’s or other wage statements.
- Routing information if you want direct deposit.
- Last year’s tax return or know what your adjusted gross income was for 2010.
- Student loan interest paid in 2011
- Interest earned on savings, etc.
- Childcare provider name, address, ID numbers
- Other tax forms (like mortgage interest statements, real estate taxes, etc., if applicable).
- 1098-T from your college; other receipts for books and supplies not noted on your 1098-T.
You can read the full poster here. This program is sponsored by the L/A CA$H Coalition. FMI or to make an appointment to have one of our volunteers prepare your return for you at our Multi-Purpose Center site, please call us them at 207-513-3160.
News & Events Categories:
- Book Discussion
- business skills
- Community Meeting
- Library Policies
- Panel Discussion
- Read Aloud
- Sing Along
- Teens and Kids
- web services