Community Conference Rooms
We offer four community meeting rooms. Rooms should be reserved ahead of time by contacting the Adult Services Dept (207-513-3135). General room information can be found below; the full usage policy and fee chart can be found here. Generally speaking, local non-profit groups and LPL members are allowed to use rooms at no charge. All rooms have multiple tables and chairs.
- Couture Conference Room (first floor): seats up to 20 around tables. This room also houses our Video Conferencing Unit. (map of Maine VCU locations)
- Business Information Center (aka Study Room A) (second floor) : seats up to 4 around a table. Includes a desktop computer.
- Study Room B (second floor) : seats up to 4 around a table. Includes a desktop computer.
- Third Floor Conference Room : seats up to 15 around tables.
- Meeting rooms may be used by anyone with a library card in good standing.
- To preserve the availability of these rooms for the most people, we only allow 3 advance bookings for any one person or group.
- Study rooms may be used for a single session per day, up to two hours. If no one is waiting for the room at the end of the session, an additional hour may be granted by staff. Patrons must ask to extend their time, it will not extend automatically.
- Persons must be 18 or older to use private study rooms unless accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
- Since the rooms are located within quiet areas, complaints about loud noise will result in a warning. if noise or disruption persists, a request to leave the room will be made.