LPL eReader Policies
- Available for a 14-day loan; no renewals allowed.
- Borrowers must be 18 years of age and must be cardholders in good standing at Lewiston Public Library or Auburn Public Library
- eReader are checked out from the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor. All borrowers must sign a special borrowing agreement before the device will be released.
- eReaders must be returned in person to either the Circulation Desk (1st floor) or Reference Desk (2nd floor). Please hand the device to an employee.
DO NOT RETURN TO BOOK DROP! You will be responsible for any damage if you place a device in the book drop or any other unsecured location.
- Devices cannot be immediately checked out after return; we need to examine, recharge and erase them. Devices will usually be available for checkout the next business day.
- Do not erase any files that are on device when you receive it.
- eReaders come pre-loaded with popular titles. You may also request a specific title which will be loaded if it is available free or at a competitive cost.
- Please be careful when adding content to the device. All devices are wiped clean after use, but other users may see any of your additions. You will not be able to download books from paid services or from the Maine InfoNet Download Library.
Fines & Fees
Damaged devices or parts will be charged to you at replacement cost plus a processing fee. Fees may be assessed after the time of check-in if damage is discovered later.
- $1 per day after the due date
- If not returned within 21 days after the due date, the device will be presumed lost. All your library privileges will be suspended and you will be charged the full replacement cost plus a $15.00 non-refundable processing fee.