Download Audiobooks & eBooks
The Lewiston Public Library, in conjunction with other libraries in the state, offers a digital downloads service for our members.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- The borrowing period is up to two weeks. At the end of that time, the downloaded files will not be usable. Audiobook files will still be playable on a portable mp3 player and any CD’s you may have burned.
- You may borrow up to three files (ebooks, audiobooks) at one time.
- You may place holds on items that are checked out by others When the item is returned to the Download Library, you will receive an email and it will remain on hold for three days.
- Audiobooks are downloaded to your computer and are transferrable to a an mp3 player or, in some cases, burnable to a CD.
- Audiobooks are available in two basic formats — WMA (Windows Media Audio) and MP3. Not all files are available in both formats due to rights restrictions placed by the publishers. Usually mp3 files will play on any player and WMA files will not play on iPods. The Download Library Web site has a full list of compatible devices.
Need more help?
- Check out the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ area of the Download Library Web site
- Email us at lplReference@LewistonMaine.gov