Good Food Council of Lewiston-Auburn – Community Celebration
Dec 11, 2013— 5:00 pm
On Wednesday, December 11 from 5–6:30 pm, LPL will be hosting the Good Food Council of Lewiston-Auburn for a community celebration. This event will be a great opportunity to learn more about the work of the Council, meet with its members, share ideas and ask questions.
This event is free and open to the public, but reservations are required. Please RSVP to GoodFood4LA@gmail.com or (207) 513-3848.
The Good Food Council of Lewiston Auburn started as a project of the St. Mary’s Nutrition Center. The council grew out of the Community Food Assessment (CFA), an effort which included a number of community charrettes and informal gatherings to identify food access assets and challenges in Lewiston-Auburn.
In response to the CFA findings, the Good Food Council of Lewiston-Auburn was established to create and support improvements to the Lewiston-Auburn food system. Through education, advocacy, and community-based decision-making the Council works to shape a food system where our entire community of Lewiston-Auburn has access to good food.
The current Good Food Council of Lewiston-Auburn members represent a variety of businesses, agencies, and sectors. Councilors include:
- Ginny Andrews, Western Maine Community Action, Auburn
- Deborah Morrill Burd, St. Mary’s Health System, Lewiston – Chair
- Erin Cinelli, Farmers’ Gate Market, Wales
- Phil Doucette, Austin Associates, Auburn
- Belinda Gerry, City Council, Auburn
- Erin Guay, Healthy Androscoggin, Lewiston
- Camille Parrish, Bates College, Lewiston – Vice Chair
- Nancy Perry, Good Shepherd Food Bank, Auburn
- Bob Thompson, Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments, Auburn
- Daniel Wallace, Coastal Enterprises, Inc, Wiscasset
For more information, contact Brendan Schauffler, GFCLA Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 890-8675.