We offer four community meeting rooms. Rooms should be reserved ahead of time by contacting the Adult Services Dept (207-513-3135) or LPLreference@LewistonMaine.gov. General room information can be found below.
- Couture Conference Room (first floor): seats up to 20 around tables. This room also houses our Video Conferencing Unit. (map of other Maine VCU locations)
- Third Floor Conference Room : seats up to 15 around tables.
Reserving a Conference Room
- Conference rooms can be reserved by anyone over 18 or older.
- A Library facility use application must be submitted along with a $50 application fee that is good for the fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
- Additionally a room rental fee is required for each booking. For more information, please see the full fee chart is here. Generally speaking, however, Lewiston-based non-profit groups and LPL members are allowed to use rooms at no room rental charge after the $50 application fee has been paid.
- All rooms have multiple tables and chairs.
Business & Study Rooms
- Business Information Center (second floor) : seats up to 4 around a table. Includes a desktop computer.
- Study Room B (second floor) : seats up to 4 around a table. Includes a desktop computer.
Basic Room Policies
- Meeting rooms may be used by anyone with a library card in good standing.
- To preserve the availability of these rooms for the most people, we only allow 3 advance bookings for any one person or group.
- Study rooms may be used for a single session per day, up to two hours. If no one is waiting for the room at the end of the session, an additional hour may be granted by staff. Patrons must ask to extend their time, it will not extend automatically.
- The two 2nd floor study rooms may be booked by anyone 16 or older. Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Since the rooms are located within quiet areas, complaints about loud noise will result in a warning. if noise or disruption persists, a request to leave the room will be made.
The primary use of Callahan Hall (the large meeting hall on the library’s third floor) is for City- and Library-sponsored programs that fit the following purposes:
- Cultural and arts events;
- Programs which celebrate ethnic diversity and promote inter-cultural communication;
- Educational programs, lectures, workshops and seminars. Callahan Hall has a capacity of 130 in auditorium style setup and 104 when chairs are positioned around our large round tables.
- Organizations and individuals may apply to use Callahan Hall for other purposes, however in order to assure its the availability for the primary uses, no application may be made more than 60 days in advance of such use.
- In addition to the fees on the City Rental Rate Schedule, other Callahan Hall fees include a janitorial/cleaning fee and staffing fee. All Callahan Hall bookings must be done through the Library Director’s Office.