General Computer Access
We have 17 computers available for general use.
- Adults (14 and up): 7 computers for full use, 1 limited to 15 minutes. Second Floor
- Teens (13 – 17): 2 computers. Second Floor
- Children (0 – 13): 4 computers. Third Floor
Sessions are 60 minutes in length (30 minutes with no library card) and consecutive sessions are only limited by how many people are waiting.
Also see: printing information.
Wireless internet (Wi-Fi) is available for free to anyone in the building or the surrounding area. Use of the wireless internet is subject to the same “Acceptable Use” guidelines as our general-use computers (see below).
- You may NOT use someone else’s card, with or without that person’s permission.
- Only one person per computer in the Internet Room.
- Only two people per computer in the Teen Room.
- Illegal activities, libel, or harassment are prohibited. This includes downloading music or movies illegally.
- No pornography. If you find porn on your screen, let us know right away.
- You are responsible for any damage or stolen equipment.
Breaking any of the above rules results in a 30-day suspension of Internet privileges
Specific-Use Computer Access
Specific-Use computers can only be used for the following purposes:
- Job searching, preparing, training
- Academic work
- Computer skill-building
- Legal and business work
- Language Learning (Rosetta Stone)
There are 3 computers available near the Reference Desk for Specific-Use. Additionally, the Computer lab is available during the day for Specific-Use computer access. See the Computer Lab page for more information. Both 2nd-floor study rooms also offer computer access.