Friends of LPL
The Friends of LPL is a non-profit organization that assists the Library with facility, service, and resource development. For many years, the Friends have enthusiastically supported programming at the Library (helping, for example, launch what we now know as LA Arts). More recently, Friends contributions have been even more tangible. In 1995, members of the Friends successfully lobbied the Lewiston City Council to expand the Library facility. A year later, the Friends initiated a capital campaign that resulted in $600,000 in gifts from more than 400 individuals, businesses, and foundations, enough to complete the final expansion of the Library and to secure the furniture and equipment necessary for a state-of-the-art facility.
Other achievements of the Friends include:
- Purchase of library computers and technology.
- Support of Children’s Summer Reading Program and other special events.
- Support of continuing education for the Library’s staff.
- Support for the Great Falls Forum.
- Support of the LPL Book Fund.
How to Join
This proven track record has only been accomplished through the support of members like you. Please take some time today to join the Friends of LPL.
Student/ Senior $15
Patron $50 -$99
Sponsor $100 – $249
Benefactor $250 or more
Checks made payable and sent to:
Friends of LPL
200 Lisbon Street
Lewiston, ME 04240
Make a Donation
- Book donations are always accepted for the Friends of the Library’s on-going book sale in LPL’s lobby.
- The Friends also accepts gift or memorial donations.
Proceeds from sales and donations are used to fund library programs, special events, and purchases not covered by the annual budget.
All membership fees and contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. For more information, contact email@example.com or call 207.513.3132.