The Affordable Care Act & You!
Sep 04, 2013— 6:00 pm
The Lewiston Public Library and AARP Maine are joining forces to present an informative overview program on The Affordable Care Act (Obama-care). Join us in Callahan Hall on Wed, Sept 4 at 6:00 p.m. to learn about how ACA will impact families and individuals in Maine. Participants will:
- Find out what is already in place and what will be unrolled in the next several months.
- Learn about the consumer protections that are included in ACA.
- Understand who is eligible for financial assistance and how to go about getting that help.
- Get the latest information on the developing health insurance marketplace in Maine.
- Discover where to go for more information
The program will be presented by Ellen Harris-Howard, a trained AARP Advocate for ACA. Ms. Harris-Howard has spent her entire career in the health field with 45 years as an RN and also serving in administrative posts in long term care facilities and with the health insurance industry.
This ACA program is free and open to the public. No registration is required. For more details, contact the LPL Adult Services Department at 513-3135 or LPLReference@LewistonMaine.gov